Prenatal care in Loudoun County, Virginia
If you are pregnant you probably have many questions, like:
- What are the early signs of labor?
- How often should I feed my newborn?
- Do babies sleep on their stomach or their backs?
Whether this is your first child or not, it is normal to feel overwhelmed by the conflicting advice you may be receiving from friends, neighbors and family. The maternity experts at StoneSprings Hospital in Loudoun County are here to put your mind at ease and help you learn to trust your instincts and feel confident about becoming a parent.
For more information about maternity tours or classes, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (855) 226-7344. You can also visit our calendar to schedule a birth center tour or register for a prenatal class.
Tour our birth center
Familiarizing yourself with our birth center before you go into labor can help ease your mind as you prepare for delivery. A guided tour of our labor and delivery unit informs you about where to park and check in on the big day, gives you a peek in the well-baby nursery and provides the opportunity to ask questions about your hospital stay.
Our labor and delivery tours are free but registration is required. Register now.
Parenting and childbirth classes
Our classes are open to all expectant parents, whether you are a first-time parent or just in need of a refresher. We offer:
- Childbirth 101. This three-hour class takes the time to answer all of your questions about labor and delivery. Topics covered include:
- Normal progression of labor
- Coping and pain management techniques
- Positioning and exercises
- Medical interventions, such as induction, epidural and C-section
- Postpartum care
- Childbirth 102. This one-hour course serves as a supplement class to our longer Childbirth 101 class. This course is geared toward expectant mothers who wish to have a natural, low-intervention birth. We will discuss:
- Birth plans
- Doula care
- Positioning exercises
- Focusing techniques
- Baby Basics. If you are feeling concerned or unsure about how to properly care for your infant, you are not alone. This two-hour class discusses newborn appearance, feeding, bathing, sleep safety and beyond.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class. This two-hour course provides comprehensive information about breastfeeding. We discuss:
- Breastfeeding basics
- Normal newborn behavior
- Breastfeeding positions
- Getting the right latch
- Infant feeding cues
- Skin-to-skin contact
- The importance of rooming-in