Inpatient rehabilitation services in Loudoun County
When you need help recovering from surgery, injury or another health setback, you can trust the physical therapists at StoneSprings Hospital to help you maximize your independence, mobility and communication and return to everyday living.
Your care comes from highly skilled and licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other healthcare professionals with special training in a variety of conditions. We tailor our programs to your needs using advanced technologies and the backing of a full-service hospital.
StoneSprings Hospital offers inpatient physical therapy to protect, strengthen and/or restore muscle and motor function. Treatments are personalized to your needs and can include:
- Exercise instruction
- Medical equipment instruction
- Pain management
- Patient and family education
We also offer inpatient and adult occupational therapy. This service focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
Specialized therapy programs and rehabilitation services
Our inpatient therapy and rehabilitation treatments are comprehensive. We offer a range of services, including:
- Balance training: Treat muscle coordination issues, symptoms such as dizziness and other conditions related to balance and inner ear disorders.
- Ergonomics education and training: Learn about conditions, control pain and prevent re-injury by reducing stressors related to repetitive activities.
- Neurological programs: These special programs are for stroke treatment, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injuries and other brain and nervous system conditions.
- Orthotics, assistive technology and adaptive equipment: This includes custom splints and braces for wheel chairs to help relieve pain or regain independence.
StoneSprings Hospital also offers speech and language therapy that focuses on improving deficits in areas of language, cognition, speech, voice, and swallowing difficulty.
- Functional communication skills
- Speech intelligibility
- Vocal quality
- Swallow function
Outpatient modified barium swallow studies can be conducted by appointment only, by calling: (571)-349-4106 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Advanced care with a personalized treatment plan
Inpatient rehabilitation services at StoneSprings Hospital involves education, training and support every step of the way.
While hospitalized and with a physician’s order you may benefit from a therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific health needs. This includes dynamic, customized, one-on-one evaluation, training and rehabilitation programs.