Heart attack care in Loudoun County, Virginia
StoneSprings Hospital provides fast, life-saving care for heart attack patients in Northern Virginia and offers comprehensive cardiac care following a heart event. Heart attacks have the ability to cause severe cardiac damage and even sudden cardiac death. Familiarizing yourself with the signs of a heart attack can allow you to take action sooner if you suspect your symptoms are the result of a heart attack. Every minute counts—the sooner you can receive medical treatment the better.
If you suspect you or a loved one are having a heart attack, call 911 immediately.
Heart attack symptoms
- Chest discomfort that lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms
- Pain or discomfort in your back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort
- Cold sweat
Heart attack signs in women
Similarly to men, the most common symptoms of a heart attack in women are chest pain or discomfort. However, women are more likely to experience other common symptoms of heart attack, including:
- Back pain
- Jaw pain
- Unusual fatigue
- A burning sensation in the chest or upper abdomen
- Irregular heartbeat
It is important for women to educate themselves on these alternative symptoms. Women are less likely than men to believe they are experiencing a heart attack and are more likely to delay seeking emergency care.