StoneSprings Hospital Center proudly offers the da Vinci Xi® robotic surgical system. StoneSprings is the only hospital in Northern Virginia to have a dual console da Vinci Xi® with integrated table motion.
What are the advantages of using da Vinci Surgery?
Robotic surgery allows state-of-the art minimally invasive options when treating complex diseases and conditions in gynecologic, urologic, thoracic, cardiac, colorectal and general surgeries.
This approach provides your surgeon better vision, more precision and control and requires only a few small incisions, so you can get back to your life faster — without the usual recovery following major surgery. Patient benefits include:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss & transfusions
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities
How does the da Vinci Surgical System work and what makes it different?
The surgeon operates the da Vinci Surgical System® sitting a few feet away from the patient at a console. It is configured to equip your surgeon with:
- Super 3-D visualization: provides a three-dimensional view with magnification ten times that of the naked eye
- Enhanced dexterity: to conduct precise movements with extraordinary control and range of motion
- Precision control: the surgeon makes key-hole sized incisions to work on specific areas instead of a large incision that causes more scarring.
Together with our expert surgeons, the da Vinci® surgical system is sheer genius at work and, best of all, giving our patients a faster return to everyday living.