Outstanding Pregnancy and Childbirth Care in Loudoun County
Few milestones are as memorable as pregnancy and birth. Whether you’re expecting your first or fourth child, you want maternity care that supports and celebrates your growing family.
At StoneSprings Hospital Center we offer comprehensive prenatal care, tours and educational classes, personalized labor and delivery services, and family-centered postpartum support. We provide natural, low-intervention birth options and midwifery care. Take a video virtual tour of our birth center.
Why Choose StoneSprings Hospital Center for Your Baby’s Birth
StoneSprings Hospital Center offers safe, skillful care in a warm, welcoming environment. Families choose us because:
- Teamwork matters. Our experienced caregivers — including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, nurse practitioners, and certified nurse midwives — work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- Comfort, luxury, and the latest technology in your community. There’s no need for you to go outside Loudoun County when exceptional maternity care is right here in Dulles.
- We support your preferences. You know your body better than anyone and we trust your instincts. We help you plan a comfortable, joyful delivery based on your needs. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- You and your baby are safe here. If unexpected complications occur, our telemedicine program connects us to top neonatal experts at our sister facility, Reston Hospital Center, who can evaluate newborns in real-time, anytime. If your baby needs advanced support, we’ll arrange for safe transport to Reston’s Level III neonatal intensive care unit. We also offer enhanced security measures for mom and baby.
- Continuous care for your whole family. StoneSprings Hospital Center provides specialized health services for all your family’s needs, from birth to old age. This includes adult and pediatric emergency, hospital, and specialty care, and women’s health services for every stage of life.
Before Your Baby is Born – Complete Prenatal Care
Our team will help you stay healthy, plan for birth, and care for yourself and your newborn with confidence. We offer:
- Birth center tours and childbirth classes. We offer guided tours of our maternity unit so you know what to expect and can ask questions ahead of time. We also have a wide range of classes covering labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and caring for baby.
- Personalized birth planning. Choose from an array of care tailored to your needs. We offer midwifery services and support low-intervention birth options such as natural pain management, wireless fetal monitoring, delayed umbilical cord clamping, and immediate skin-to-skin contact for you and your infant.
The Big Day – Customized Labor and Delivery Care
Our birth center was designed to enhance your comfort and minimize disruptions. We offer:
- A spacious, comfortable labor experience. Our maternity suites allow you to labor your way, with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer tubs for hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, and private bathrooms.
- Welcoming, family-friendly setting. We offer comfortable waiting areas for your family and overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner.
- Medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency C-sections.
After Your Baby is Born – Postpartum Care with Abundant Support
We’ll help you begin your physical recovery while providing emotional support and encouragement. Our family-centered services include:
- Quiet moments. We practice couplet care (also known as rooming in), so you and your partner can get to know your baby in a private setting. This means your baby stays with you in the room at all times, even during most examinations. We also offer daily “serenity hours” from 2-4 p.m., so you and your baby can rest without interruptions.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both mom and baby. All of our maternity nurses are trained to provide breastfeeding support immediately after birth and throughout your hospital stay. We also offer one-on-one consultations with our International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants.
- Gourmet meal. We help make your experience memorable by providing a made-to-order celebratory meal to honor your baby’s birth. And our unique Mommy Menus are designed to give your body the extra nutrition it needs to heal or breastfeed.
- Ongoing support and counseling. It’s natural to feel overwhelmed with the challenges of motherhood, but you don’t have to face it alone. We offer screening for postpartum depression and therapy is available nearby at our sister facility, Dominion Hospital, in Falls Church. Get free 24/7 phone support by calling (703) 538-2872.
Baby on the way? Chances are you have a million questions about feeding, sleep schedules, and babyproofing. Our classes help you feel confident and well-prepared.
Having a baby is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. So is choosing where to have your baby. Use our guide to compare your options and find your ideal birth center.
StoneSprings Hospital Center experts tackle the tough questions about maternity, labor, and parenthood. Read articles that are timely and encouraging throughout your pregnancy.