Birth Center Tours and Prenatal Classes at StoneSprings Hospital Center
You’re pregnant and probably have many questions: What are the early signs of labor? How often should I feed my newborn? Do babies sleep on their stomachs or backs? And whether this is your first baby or your fourth, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by conflicting advice from well-meaning family members, neighbors, and friends.
Relax - you got this. The maternity experts at StoneSprings Hospital Center in Loudoun County help you learn to trust your instincts and feel confident in becoming a parent. Our prenatal classes and birth center tours offer up-to-date information and advice about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood.
Take a Guided Tour of our Birth Center
Familiarize yourself with our birth center before you go into labor. During our one-hour guided tour, you’ll learn where to park and check in on the big day, see our labor and delivery unit up close, peek in the well-baby nursery, and have an opportunity to ask questions about your hospital stay.
Tours are free, but registration is required.
In the meantime, you can take a video virtual tour of our birth center.
Enroll in a Class (or Three)
Our free classes cover several topics suitable to first-time parents and those in need of a refresher. We offer:
- Childbirth Class. Our three-hour class answers your most pressing questions about labor and delivery. Topics include the normal progression of labor, coping and pain management techniques, positioning and exercises, and medical interventions such as induction, epidural, and C-section. We’ll also cover postpartum care.
- Childbirth 102. This one-hour course is an optional supplement to our longer Childbirth Class. It’s designed for women who wish to have a natural, low-intervention birth. We discuss birth plans and doula care, and cover a range of positioning exercises and focusing techniques.
- Baby Basics. If you’re feeling unsure about how to care for an infant, you’re not alone. During this two-hour class we’ll discuss your newborn’s appearance, feeding, bathing, sleep safety, and more.
- Childbirth Express. This three-hour class combines our Childbirth Class, Childbirth 102, and Baby Basics classes. We cover the same topics, but at an accelerated pace.
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class. Our two-hour class provides comprehensive information about breastfeeding. We discuss breastfeeding basics, normal newborn behavior, breastfeeding positions, getting the right latch, infant feeding cues, skin-to-skin contact, and the importance of rooming-in.
- Sibling Class. This one-hour class helps prepare children ages four and older to become a big brother or sister. We’ll help your child get ready for the new baby’s arrival, including a discussion about newborn behaviors and family changes.
Ready to take one of our classes? Please register online.
You can also read timely, helpful articles about pregnancy, labor, and parenthood in our Expect Easier blog. Each article offers practical advice or tackles the tough questions asked by most new moms.