At StoneSprings Hospital Center, we want you to feel comfortable and prepared for your outpatient visit, hospital stay or surgery. We use the latest medical technologies to offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures.
Before Your Inpatient Stay
Take time before your upcoming procedure or hospital stay to review your insurance coverage and make sure you're prepared to pay your copay or deductible. If you're unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
What to Bring
Items You Need for Admission
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification, such as a driver's license
- Social Security number
- Living will, personal health record, and other advance directives, if you have them
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records, X-ray films or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you're covered by worker's compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Items You Need for Your Stay
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Bathrobe and slippers or socks
- A list with names, doses and schedules of all medications you take on a routine basis; do not bring any of these medications with you to the hospital unless your doctor writes an order for you to do so
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aids or any other assistive device you may need
- Clothes to wear when you go home
We also recommend you leave your valuable items, such as jewelry, portable electronic devices and money at home.
Getting or Transferring Records
Learn how to submit a request for medical records so that your records may be sent to yourself or a doctor's office.
Preparing for Your Procedure
Your doctor's office will give you specific information about preparing for an upcoming procedure or hospital stay, but we've also provided some basic suggestions to help you prepare for your visit.
- Verify that your procedure is covered by your insurance carrier.
- Learn more about preparing for surgery at StoneSprings Hospital Center.
- Contact your primary physician if you have questions, or call our 24/7 information helpline at 855-226-7344. Your physician will provide additional directions on prepping for your procedure.